Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Favorite Things

I'm a dog.  A while back I posted about a few of my least favorite things.  I focused specifically on my strong dislike for all things car and crate related.  What a difference a month can make.  Now, not only do I love my crate so much that I'll stop in for naps throughout the day, but I also LOVE the car.  Why?  Because it takes me to all. sorts. of. fun. places!  Just today it took me to PetSmart.  But I'll talk about that later.

Right now I'm going to tell you about my Top 5 Favorite Things (in no particular order):

1. Car Rides
I love the car so much that if we walk by it, I stop by the rear door on the passenger side, just to let Alicia know I'd be happy to take a ride.  I've also started trying to run out in the road at passing cars, hoping they'll let me hop in.  Alicia does not like this new development.

2. My Crate
It's got my bed.  I love my bed.  Therefore, I love my crate. Enough said.
As Alicia would say: Snuggle-dy, Buggle-dy, Ruggle-dy.

3. Playing with my Dogfriends
There are two dogs (Chili, a pit bull and Buffy, a lab/something mix) that I play with regularly.  We have a lot of fun together because both of them are into my style of play: face and ear biting with jumping on one another and/or paw slapping.

(Man, I wish Alicia had a picture to put here!)

4. Playing Chase the Ball
You'll note that I didn't call this fetch.  That's because I don't fetch.  You throw the ball, I run to it, pounce, and capture it with my paws/mouth.  Then I trot off with it, ignoring any whistles, claps, commands of "Molly, come!" or any other indications that I should return it to Matt or Alicia.

Run, run, as fast as you can! You can't catch me, I'm a puppy, man!

5. Morning and Evening Snuggles
Every morning and every night Matt or Alicia (sometimes both!) take a few minutes to snuggle with me.  I'm not allowed on the furniture, so they come down to the floor and call me over.  I snuggle right up in their laps and get pets and scratches and belly rubs and am told about what a good girl I am.
The snuggle tradition started my first night at home!
I'm a lucky dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment