Sunday, July 3, 2011

I Love Lamp Crate

I'm a dog.  I didn't want to speak to soon and wind up being one of those dogs who talks a big game and can't back it up, but I just can't hold it in anymore...I love my crate!

I know what you're thinking.  You're thinking "Isn't that the dog that freaked out in her crate?" "Isn't that the dog that ran and hid from her crate?" Didn't she once profess that her crate was one of her LEAST favorite things?

Well, things have changed.

While Alicia was away in New Orleans, I began exploring the idea of sleeping in the crate.  Matt didn't even try to persuade me.  It was all my doing.  The door was open, so I went in and laid down.  And it wasn't so bad.  Then Matt put my water bowl inside.  I love water.  So I kept going in, and I started taking some naps in there.

I'll do anything to be near my water.  Even nap in the crate.
After I did that a few times, Matt decided to move my bed into the crate to ensure that it continued to be appealing to me.
Caught loving my crate.
There were a few machinations of him closing the door on me and leaving to go upstairs that I did not like, but when he said "No!" I knew he meant it.  So I stopped. And settled.

Now I take naps in crate throughout the day.  Alicia even packed up my crate and brought it to New Jersey so that I wouldn't miss it (read: decide I was over the crate) after a few days away from it.

Snuggling down for a mid-afternoon nap.
I even sleep in the crate at night.  Sure, I whine a little bit first, but after a few good cries and maybe a little digging, I settle in and go to sleep.  And okay, maybe it takes Matt shouting "No!" from his bed upstairs, but in about 5 minutes, I'm happily slumbering in my crate, dreaming puppy dreams.

Don't get me wrong.  I still love when Matt or Alicia come down first thing in the morning and let me out.  It's just that, I love my crate too.

No comments:

Post a Comment