Sunday, July 10, 2011

Celebrating My Independence

I'm a dog.  I've been meaning to post since Wednesday, but Alicia has been too busy to type up my thoughts, so this post about my first BBQ is a bit delayed.  Apologies for Alicia's rudeness.

Last Saturday I got to go to my first barbecue!  We're talking burgers (with cheese!) on the grill, hot dogs galore, a kiddie pool (presumably for drinking mass quantities of water) and lots of people to pet and love me. I was pumped.  Little did I know that the food and kiddie pool were not for me at all.  In fact, whenever I showed even the slightest indication of interest, Alicia usually directed me elsewhere. Lame.

The good news is, I did get to feast...on deer poop!  It's this new thing I discovered.  It kind of looks like my kibble in shape, size and color, but it is so much better*.  And lucky for me, Kate and Chris (our hosts) had a backyard full of it, and they didn't even know it.  See, it can tend to lie camouflaged in the grass.  But I'm a super-searcher and found piles of it.  Alicia tells me that other dogs like to roll around in it.  I have a sparkly white coat and that would show immediately, so I prefer to just eat it.  Delicious.

But the barbecue wasn't all deer poop.  There were plenty of new friends to meet and impress with my cuteness.  So I did just that.  Here are a few of my new friends.

Rachel, Claire and Vinnie, centered around me, naturally!
When she wasn't looking, I snuck up on
Rachel's lap through the chair arm.
All of this attention was great, but there was still more fun to be had!

I played some Bocce ball...
Took a few "laps" in the pool. Refreshing!
And finally, found a comfy chair and called in bedtime!
Note: I was quickly removed from said chair and told "No"
after the obligatory cute photo was taken.  Unfair.
I had a great time! I definitely want to go to another barbecue soon. Thanks Katie and Chris!

*For some odd reason, Alicia did not document this white photos.  She was too busy saying "No!" and trying to open my mouth to get the deer poop out.  Priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment