Thursday, June 16, 2011

Family Vacation: Hitting the Beach!

I'm a dog. I'm staying at Aunt Nancy's house, which is a block from the bay beach in North Cape May.  I've never been to the beach before, so I asked Matt and Alicia if they would bring me over.  They were very excited about this and made sure to bring along the camera.

Walking to the beach.
When we first started walking on the sand I couldn't figure out what was happening.  The ground was slightly sinking beneath my feet.  I tried to grip it, but it kept moving.



I sniffed around and then decided the best course of action would be to try and eat the sand.

Apparently, sand is NOT food.
It did not taste good.  It was not very edible, either. I wound up hacking it back up.

Then, there was the water.  I love water.  I drink water every chance I get, and here was the biggest bowl of water I'd ever seen.

Crouched down in my play stance.
The funny thing about this water was that it wanted to play.  It kept coming close, and then running away.  So I did what any self-respecting dog would do.  I chased it.

And it got me!  I was shocked.  And I would not get that close to the water again. (Matthew took a video of it, but he says the internet connection is too slow to do an upload.  Maybe when we get home.)

As we continued walking, I came across lots of interesting things, like dead horseshoe crabs (which I licked until Alicia pulled me away) and lots of sea grass.  I was so excited that I pulled Alicia down the beach as I skipped along.  Then I hit the jackpot.  Alicia was behind me and couldn't figure out what I found, but once she saw it, she shouted "No!" Turns out I'm not allowed to play with dead turtles or little sharks either.



Sometimes Alicia can be no fun.

We walked a little bit more and then it was time to head back to the house.



I'm still not sure about the big bowl of water, and I don't recommend eating sand, but the beach is a fun place.  I hope we go back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment