Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Doggie Dates for Fall

I'm a dog.  I'm always looking for activities that get me out and about with other dogs and also humans.  This month, there are two events that I am really excited about.

The first is a local event.  And by local, I mean it's taking place in our development and is for the dogs and owners that live in Parkfairfax.  This coming Saturday, from 12-2pm, there will be a "Doggie Dip" in the Lyons Lane pool.  As you may recall, I do not like water.  The ocean moves back and forth and is scary.  The hose is cold and wet. It's just not a good scene.

Wet and not too happy.
But this will not stop me from attending a party where there will be many dogs.  Wild horses couldn't drag me away from such an event.  Especially when it's just around the corner from my house!  I'm not saying that I will get in the pool.  That is TBD, based on peer pressure from my dogfriends.  What I am saying is that I will be there and I will be ready to play.  At least on land.


As you may recall, I was adopted from the Animal Welfare League of Alexandria (AWLA) back in June.  Back then, I was just a little pup (see what I mean?).  Now that I'm a big pup and am so happy at home with Matt and Alicia, there's no better way to show my appreciation for all that AWLA did than to participate in a the 5th Annual Olde Towne Dogge Walke, a 1.5 mile walk to celebrate all of us dogs who met their families through the shelter and help raise funds to ensure that other dogs, cats, bunnies, gerbils and other pets also find their forever homes. The walk will take place on Sunday, September 25th from 9-11am.  Unfortunately, we already had plans for that weekend before I found out about the walk, so it's not going to happen this year.  I already talked to Alicia though, and she's already saving the date for next year.

I'll keep you posted on how the pool party goes and also let you know about any fun upcoming events that I'll be attending.  I am nothing if not a party animal!

1 comment:

  1. Don't discount the effect of peer pressure, Molly. My dog Tobey was never interested in tennis balls until he saw his dogfriends at the park enjoying them - and then he became a big fan! You never know...

    ReplyDelete