Monday, May 28, 2012

Brace Yourself

I'm a dog.  And I'm proud to be an American.  That's why, when Alicia and Matthew ordered up my new leg brace, I insisted it have a "stars and stripes" design (which, incidentally, complements my blue collar, red leash and white fur just perfectly!).

My first few steps with the brace.

I'm still getting used to the brace, so walking a bit funny.
I got this brace from OrthoPets.  It's custom-made, just for me.  Matt and Alicia are hoping that this brace will provide the support and stability I need in order to heal the partial tear in my cruciate ligament (aka doggy ACL) so that we can avoid the expense and extended recovery time of surgery.

It's almost as fun to wear as it is to chew!
Being a puppy in a brace is exhausting!
I've decided: I don't like!
 I wasn't sure about the brace, but when they told me that surgery meant I would only be allowed to go outside to go to the bathroom and would then have to come right back inside and lay down in my crate, and that this would happen for weeks, I thought perhaps I would give it a try.

Or maybe it isn't so bad.

 I love to go outside and I love to play.  We're hoping that a few weeks to months with this brace will have me healed.  I'll keep you updated on my progress!



 Until then, I'm beat.  I'm going to take a nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment