Saturday, October 6, 2012

Going Under the Knife

I'm a dog. Remember how in my last post, I told you about how my leg got better and stopped wearing my brace? Well, then just two weeks ago, I somehow hurt my leg again.  I don't know how I did it, but it happened.  And I haven't really been putting any weight on it since.  So, I've been wearing my brace again, but it's clear that this time the injury is more severe.  That's why I'm headed for CCL surgery on Tuesday morning.  I've already expressed to Matt and Alicia that "I don't like" and that we should just keep using the brace and let it heal on it's own, but they say it's important to do the surgery, so that I can have it repaired, rest it and allow it to heal completely.

They're going to have to put me under anesthesia for the procedure and I'm going to need to stay overnight.  If any dog ever loved going to the vet, it's me.  But I'm still already dreading a night in the animal hospital, and so are Matt and Alicia.  It's going to be a bit of a road to recovery, but I'll keep you updated on my progress.  And I'll make sure Alicia posts more often, as I know there are a lot of people who will want to know what's going on.  In the meantime, keep me in your thoughts and prayers.  And check out how cute I am in this photo!


1 comment:

  1. You are indeed cute. I hope your surgery is a success, your recovery is easy, and you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete